FY20Q2 Security EMEAR Partner Ebook (C2P)
The FY20Q2 Cybersecurity Growth and Enablement Partner Ebook is out ! Access our latest updates and exclusive partners' promotions.
As we close the calendar year, Security continues to be the driving force in Cisco’s growth with a double digit percentage revenue growth in Q1. A few weeks after the launch of our Breach Defence EMEAR Sprint, and a few weeks before Cisco Live EMEAR, here are a few example on how we are continuing to support you:
NetSec Focus and Fire Up! Our new campaign is designed to help you protect your customer base and gain visibility into vulnerable legacy accounts. If you missed the launch, you can still take advantage of the online training. Visit the enablement chapter of this ebook to find useful links.
Duo is now on Cisco’s Global Price List. This is a massive step change in how you can leverage Duo. With Duo, Cisco was recently named a Leader in the 2019 Forrester Zero Trust Wave. And there's more: You can now try Duo for yourself by leveraging our NFR program.
Here to a successful Q2 and a happy holiday season!
Yves Mertens, Director, Security Partner Organization EMEAR
Market and Analyst reviews
Understand the market and why Cisco leads the security pack
Cisco Named a Leader in The 2019 Forrester Zero Trust Wave
"Cisco has adopted a zero-trust strategy and is well-positioned as a prominent zero-trust player."
The Forrester Wave™: Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem Platform Providers, Q4 2019
In his latest report, Analyst Chase Cunningham has named Cisco a "prominent zero-trust player" and leader in providing zero-trust security for the enterprise. This recognition underlines our portfolio capability to address and solve your customers' most critical challenges :
- Provide a zero-trust security experience for your customers by securing theirs users and devices access to applications - with Duo Security
- Provide a zero-trust security experience for their workloads by securing connections between and within applications, across the multi-cloud - with Cisco Tetration
- Provide a zero-trust security experience for their workplace, securing connections across the network, including Internet of Things (IoT) - with Cisco SD-Access
Duo products and services are now available in many countries on Cisco’s Global Price List (GPL). Partners can now try Duo for themselves with the $0 promotional Duo NFR offer. Visit our news section to know more.
Cisco Named a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls
The Cisco next-generation firewall portfolio allows you to protect your customers' workloads from an increasingly complex set of threats while delivering consistent security policies, visibility, and management experience. From their data center, branch offices, cloud environments, and everywhere in between, they can leverage the power of Cisco to turn their existing network infrastructure into an extension of their firewall solution.
Download 2019 Gartner MQ for Network Firewalls
Promote Gartner Magic Quadrant to your customers - new resources available.
Want to use nalyst reviews or Cisco reports to run your own marketing campaign ?
Please connect to http://marketingvelocitycentral.cisco.com and leverage shareable content as well as pre-built marketing tools like web banners, social media kit or emails series.
Programs and promotions
Benefit from latest discounts and maximize your profitability
Now’s the time to engage with your most vulnerable firewall accounts. We have the tools and information needed to help move customers onto our industry leading next generation firewall platforms.
Here are the latest updates on our key programs to drive your success.
- We’ve extended the Ignite the Firewall discounts through Q2. These incentives help drive better margins through hardware and software discounts and free Cisco Defense Orchestrator licenses. Move quickly to take advantage of Ignite discounts of up to 80% on hardware and 70% on software.
- Our Firewall Partner Help Desk and Migration Assistance is now available globally to all partner sellers and provides free services delivered 24x5. Services include configuration migration, pre-deployment consultation, and cutover support. Along with ASA to Firepower migrations, this team can also support competitive migrations from Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint and Fortinet. Contact the Firewall Migration Help Desk to open a case for support.
- Partners SEs can also request design assistance via our partner portal: NetSec Design Services. Services are available globally to ensure successful firewall designs and include technical marketing engineer (TME) support for high level design review, design assistance, and enablement. These services provide valuable insights as we’ve learned a great deal about large-scale designs last year.
- Our Customer Xperience team is committed to developing a full portfolio of services that enable partner sellers to win new Next-Generation Firewall business as well as grow existing customer base. Along with current Next-Generation Firewall Implementation Service, CX Product Management is focused on expanding Fixed Migration Offers in FY20.
Ignite The Firewall Discounts will end in January!
We are excited to announce that the Ignite The Firewall discounts and SPIFFs are being extended for a final quarter into Cisco’s FY20 Q2. This will help your current and future customers take advantage of the only comprehensive Security platform in the industry.
Network Security is the most critical control point in your customers' environments. Our Next Generation Firewall is a key pillar in our security platform and we want all of your customers to experience its power.
Modernize the Firewall : Learn more and find resources on SalesConnect
Ignite the Firewall Discounts and reach new levels of profitability
Whether you are migrating your customers or selling the latest Next Generation Firewalls, make sure you register your deals. The majority of the hardware platforms is eligible for discount. Tap into the $370M of market potential EMEAR-wide for mid-platforms with an installed base of over 1,300 customers.
10 things you want to know
Which products qualify for the promotion? What will happen if I combine Firewall and other products in my quote? What are the steps that I need to complete in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW)? Are Rewards available for Partner Company Account Managers & Systems Engineers? Download our FAQ and find the answers to your most common questions.
Security is lucrative, and you can take advantage of further Cisco discounts and rebates to make your business even more profitable. Announced on Nov. 19th, we are we're now aligning Umbrella with the rest of the security portfolio:
- Umbrella Deal Registration discount increased from 56% to 60%
- Umbrella New Account Breakaway discount increased from 58% to 64%
Umbrella offers a true win-win situation: your customers’ users are protected on and off their network; you get a short sales cycle and recurring revenue stream.
The entire Cisco Umbrella product family is eligible for Security Ignite. Security Specialized Partners automatically receive additional up-front discounts of up to 60% on the new, next-generation security solutions that are registered through the Hunting Opportunity Incentive Program (OIP) or the Team Incentive Program (TIP).
Get Started with Duo NFR
Try Duo for yourself! See how fast and easy it is to deploy multi-factor authentication in your environment. Take advantage of the Duo $0 Promotional Not For Resale offer:
- Up to 100% discount if redeemed within Cisco FY20
- Up to 2,000 seats with any Duo edition (MFA, Access, or Beyond); Duo standard PIDs
Available where all Duo products are sold. Two-tier partners must negotiate final pricing with their selected Distributor.
Simple to sell with Security Choice Entreprise Agreement
This year, we committed to make things simpler for our customers – both from a security solution and a buying perspective. The Cisco Security Choice Enterprise Agreement that was launched just one year ago has been one of our key tools to win business together. A year later, we announce four key enhancements to our Cisco Security Choice EA enrolment, to make it even easier for our partners to sell our best in class portfolio: reduction in Suite minimum to 2 Qualified leads, reduced TCV minimum to $100K and DNS advantage.
- New two suite minimum : Reduction in Suite Minimum from 3 Qualified Suites to 2 Qualified Suites. Whereas previously the minimum was three products, customers can now start with any two qualifying products with enterprise-wide commitment, and receive a 5% multi-suite discount. 5% off List for 2 suits, 10% list price discount on 3 products, 15% for 4, 18% for 5, 20% for 6+. Not To Exceed pricing, 20% growth, and True-Forward benefits
DNS Security Advantage will be available as a qualified product suite along with Secure Internet Gateway Essentials, providing our Choice EA Customers with the latest Cisco Umbrella innovations.
Minimum Deal Value : $100,000 per deal. The TCV minimum has been lowered to $100K (Product) – inviting a greater reach of your customers to access to our industry leading security portfolio.
A new simplified and integrated pricing experience on the Enterprise Agreement Management Portal (EAMP) with instantaneous output – saving you as a team valuable time.
- Agreement term : 3 and 5 years
- Annual Payments, 0% Financing : Yes
- Support Included : basic, enhanced, premium
- GPL/CCW availability : yes
More info on SalesConnect.
Access the Portal via software.cisco.com.
Learn about next events, available trainings and certifications
The Black Belt Academy for Partners, inside the SalesConnect Academy, is now live! We designed the Academy to improve and accelerate your learning experience and enhance your technical enablement so you can sell, deploy, support and adopt Cisco technologies.
What you need to know:
- Focuses primarily on partner engineers and partner sales. It enables self-serve content via one global partner enablement framework, with localized content based on geo and country technology priorities. Content is being continuously added.
- Leverages clear learning maps with all the latest Cisco technology offerings and drives consistent messaging.
The Fire Jumper Academy acts as our enablement platform within the Black Belt Academy to develop Pre-sales, Deployment and Support skills, necessary to lead customer engagements from end to end.
Black Belt Academy is also connected to the Shogun Partner Rewards Program where you can earn Shogun points to trade for Cisco Learning Credits (based on Country Location and Partner company)
Partner engineers can also earn Continuous Learning Points to support renewal of their company's specializations
Fire Jumper Academy for AM - Stage I - “Security Essentials”
Fire Jumper "Security Essentials" - Stage 1 includes new messaging around the Cisco Security Platform, Cisco Zero Trust, Security customer personas, SaaS selling, SAFE, new selling resources, and more.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to demonstrate understanding of the Cisco Security architecture, global go-to-market strategy, and customer discovery and qualification framework, including how to initiate CISO conversations. You will also be able to demonstrate knowledge of Cisco Talos, Threat Intelligence, and the importance of security frameworks.
Take the partner training now!
Fire Jumper Academy for AM: Stage III & IV - 2 Days
The Fire Jumper Academy for Sales/AM Representatives is a Cisco enablement framework to develop Sales Representatives, Account Managers (AMs), Partner Account Managers and Cybersecurity Sales Specialists to sell Cisco Security Solutions within a competency area.
Next sessions :
- 12 Jan: Dubai, Dubayy, UAE
- 13 Jan: Krakow, Poland
- 15 Jan: Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Ksa, Saudi Arabia
- 16 Jan: Zurich, Switzerland
Fire Jumper Academy for FEs: FTD 201
Join us for a 2 day technical training to help you understand Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) architecture and deployment best practices. FTD is the industry’s first fully integrated, threat-focused next-gen firewall with unified management. It includes Application Visibility and Control (AVC), next-gen IPS (NGIPS), Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), and URL Filtering.
Audience : Post-sales field engineers. You will learn how to successfully install and configure FTD. The lab scenario involves a three-site deployment and covers all the step necessary to configure NGFW security policies for an example company.
- 09 Dec: Lisbon, Portugal
- 10 Dec: Milan, Italy
- 12 Dec: Zurich, Switzerland
Missed the "Fire Up! 2.0 Launch" ?
Want to protect your customers' base and gain visibility into vulnerable legacy accounts ?
Cisco Next-Generation Firewall is the foundation of the most comprehensive security platform on the planet.
Fire Up! Power Hour Recording (video)
Download presentation now (ppt)
Partner Interactive Webinars
Everything you need to know about Duo going onto Cisco GPL - 11 december Watch recording - Download PDF
Get the Best Protection for the #1 Attack Vector: Email - Watch Recording - Download PDF
Cyber Security for the OT world - 21 january Register now
Simplicity and Analytics Performance with Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) - 8 january Register now
With Cisco Defense Orchestra (CDO), it’s much easier to install and manage Cisco firewalls, lowering the technical threshold needed to protect customer environments. And we introduced a number of enhancements to CDO that really expands its market potential. CDO now supports both ASA and FTD firewalls, with future enhancement across the security portfolio. Explore new Security Analytics and Logging (SAL) plug in as it takes the best part of Stealthwatch cloud, and creates the ability to deliver detailed security data through a user friendly cloud format.
Stealthwatch Updates & AMP for Endpoints New Capabilities - 15 january Register now
Get ready to accelerate your customer's SOC operations with faster detections, simpler investigations, and immediate responses! Explore advanced threat hunting use cases for Stealthwatch and take it further with the new Cisco Threat Response integration. Learn more about product updates such as enhanced threat detections in Stealthwatch Cloud using Encrypted Traffic Analytics or tiered packages for AMP for Endpoints.
New Exams Required for Express Specialization – Security Track
As a valued Security Partner, the Express Specialization – Security Track is your key to maintain a high level of expertise.
We have developed new content and exams within the Express Specialization – Security track.
The new training and exams will impact the Account Manager (AM) and Systems Engineer (SE) Roles
- New core training and exams for the Cisco Express Specialization - Security Track and Advanced Security Architecture Specialization programs.
- The exams include existing product updates including Stealthwatch Cloud, Duo, Cloud Security, NGFW, Meraki, Tetration (Secure DC), SD-Wan, SD Access, ACI and others.
An extended transition period is in place. Partners must achieve the new exams by February 28, 2020 if their specialization is currently up for renewal or following annual renewal date to remain compliant.
Account manager role
The Express and Advanced Security exams for the Account Manager (AM) have been consolidated into a single exam: "Security Architecture for Account Advanced Security Managers" - SAAM #700-760.
The combination of previous tests provide a more linear path to move from the Security track under Express Specializations to Advanced Security Specialization.
Systems Engineer role
The Systems Engineer (SE) exam has been released as a non-proctored exam. As a result, the cost of the exam has been reduced from $300 USD to $80 USD. "Security Architecture for Systems Advanced Security Engineers" - SASE #700-765
Review Express Specialization requirements
Breach Defence - EMEAR Security Sprint
Educate yourself and invite your Security Decision Makers to a Breach Defence Webinar or a Threat Hunting Workshop.
Breach Defence Webinars
In this 60-minute webinar we will offer a non-technical overview of breach defence, from preventative measures to reduce cyber attacks to what to do and how to respond faster and accurately in case of a breach.
Audience : Partners' Sales, Account Managers, Program Managers, non-engineering roles
Arabic: 15 Dec, 5 Jan, 19 Jan
Danish: 13 Jan
English: 16 Dec, 20 Jan
French: 7 Jan, 21 Jan
German: 18 Dec, 8 Jan, 22 Jan
Italian: 11 Dec, 15 Jan
Polish: 16 Dec
Portuguese: 17 Dec
Spanish:19 Dec, 9 Jan, 23 Jan
Swedish: 14 Jan
Learn more and register
Threat Hunting Workshops
Cisco's Threat Hunting Workshops target Engineering Roles, Technical Roles, Architecture Roles. Join us for this hands-on full-day workshop to develop your skills and test your abilities.
29 dates, 21 cities, 11 countries across EMEAR! Register now
Sprint Partner Interactive Webinars (Recordings)
Supercharge your cybersecurity business! Sprint with Us. Audience: Sales and Technical. Foundation Level
Better Together with Cisco Threat Response. Audience: Technical. Intermediate Level
Market and position Cisco solutions to generate new demand
Detect, Investigate, Remediate Threats faster with Cisco Threat Response - EMEAR Security Sprint
Market and position Cisco Threat Response to generate new demand and support the EMEAR Security Sprint.
Wouldn’t it be great if your customers could clone their security team? They could detect, investigate and remediate threats faster – and stay ahead of threats! Fortunately, they don’t have to. As a Cisco partner, you can help! Cisco Threat Response accelerates key security operations functions across Cisco security products in a single place. Cisco Threat Response is free and is included with the Cisco Security products that integrate with it: Umbrella, AMP for Endpoints, Email Security, Threat Grid, and now Firepower.
Supercharge your cybersecurity business by delivering exactly what your customers need:
- Help protect their reputation and assets
- Secure their customers’ data
- Defend them against cyberattacks
- Make it all easy to manage
First, log in to ciscopartnermarketing.com. Then click on the "Browse campaigns" tab to look at all security campaigns. Or simply copy your local shortlink in the address bar.
This campaign includes :
- Sales enablement content : including Sales playbook, Call Guide, TDM and BDM presentations, Visibility Demo and Animated Demo Videos
- Marketing activity content : including Web Banners, email/social copyblock, 3x Email Automated Workflow, Web Plugin + Gated asset form
- Shareable content : including infographic, White Paper, 2x Quick Start Guides, 4x promotional video etc.
Next Generation Firewall : Install Base Refresh
Now available in local languages. First, log in to Marketing Velocity Central. Then copy your local shortlink in the address bar.
Refresh Your Customers’ Security. Today's cyberattacks are more sophisticated than ever. While these threats have evolved, your customers' security tools have not. Help your customers refresh their security ecosystem, with a new Cisco Next Generation Firewall at its foundation.
Why Act Now ?
- Protect your customers base and gain visibility into highly vulnerable legacy accounts
- Pivot from NGFW Refresh to a complete Cisco Threat Defense Solution
- Penetrate the Small Business market by leveraging new Firepower 1000 Series
This campaign includes :
- Sales enablement content : including How To Sell Guide, Competitive and BDM deck
- Marketing activity content : including Shareable content, email/social copyblock, banners.
- Shareable content : including infographic, checklists, promotional video etc.
Securing The Data Center
Cloud, Big Data, DevOps, and software-defined networking (SDN) are all changing the scope and function of the modern data center. Only Cisco provides an integrated security architecture that addresses three critical needs of the modern data center.
- Visibility: See everything with complete visibility of users, devices, networks, applications, workloads, and processes.
- Segmentation: Reduce the attack surface; prevent attackers from moving laterally within the data center with consistent enforcement, application whitelisting, and micro-segmentation.
- Threat Protection: Stop the breach; deploy multilayered threat sensors to quickly detect, block, and respond, preventing data theft and disruptions to business operations.
With the rate of change, increasing diversity, and growing complexity of applications, users, and devices and the ever-expanding security attack surface, your customers cannot keep pace. And as that attack surface increases, data theft opportunities also increase. So it is important for you to understand the challenges your customers are facing…
This campaign includes :
- Sales enablement content : including How-To-Sell Guide including how to engage, trigger questions and objection handling, How-To-Sell Video, and BDM deck.
- Marketing activity content : including Shareable content, email/social copyblock, banners.
- Shareable content : including infographics, white papers, Forrester Report and Opportunity Snapshots, promotional video.
Now available in local languages. First, log in to Marketing Velocity Central. Then copy your local shortlink in the address bar.
Cisco Cybersecurity Report Series
Explore and leverage Cisco latest reports
The Security Bottom Line
How much security is enough?
When organizations have dozens of security products installed and still get breached, it begs the question: How much security is enough? How many products does an organization need? How much should be spent on security? We aim to answer these questions through a double-blind survey of approximately 80 security professionals, along with expert commentary.
- Increased spending does not always translate into greater security capability. Other factors must be considered, such as expertise and influence.
- Mid-size organizations with 1000 to 9999 employees are struggling the most to adequately secure their environments.
- Overall, organizations do not think they can afford the security they need, no matter what size they are or how much they are currently spending.
- The bigger the organization, the easier it is to influence third parties that affect its security posture.
How Much Security Do You Really Need? Read Blog by Wendy Nather
The Security Bottom Line. Download Report (PDF)
Cisco 2019 Consumer Privacy Survey
People care about privacy, but to what extent does it affect their behavior?
Our new study looks at the attitudes of 2600 adults regarding personal data, products and services they use, comfort level with new business models, and the impact of data privacy regulations. Our survey of attitudes about privacy highlights the emergence of "privacy-active" consumers.
What consumers tell us about privacy
- People care about privacy and many have already taken actions to protect it.
- Privacy regulations and policies provide “guardrails” for innovation and help build trust.
- Consumers value government’s role in regulating the use of data, and they view the GDPR very favorably.
- Many consumers (43%) say they still cannot effectively protect their data today.
Why We Must Get Data Privacy Right. Read Blog by Robert Waitman
Consumer Privacy Survey 2019. Download free report (PDF)
What's new ?
Stay informed with our latest announcements
Great news! Duo products and services now available on Cisco’s Global Price List (GPL)
Did you know ? More than 80% of data breaches result from an attacker logging into a customer's applications using stolen passwords-often due to phishing! Duo delivers cloud-based multi-factor authentication that protects access to all applications, for any user and device, from anywhere. It’s easy to use and deploy, while providing complete endpoint visibility and control.
We acquired Duo just a little over a year ago and already it’s a key part of our Security strategy. Duo is a strategic component of Cisco’s Zero Trust offering, the most expansive zero-trust framework in the industry for securing access across the workforce, the workplace and the workload.
Your next steps :
- Complete the pre-sales training through self-paced on-demand videos. Prepare now to sell Duo.
Visit our Duo Sales Resources page to view the ordering guide, tip sheet and more to help you bring Duo to your customers. Explore Partner Resources.
- Leverage The Forrester Wave™: Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem Platform Providers, Q4 2019 Report. Download your copy now.
Cisco Duo Lab v1is now available on dCloud for Partner users!
This lab's Beginner Guide walks you through the basics of navigating the Admin Panel. Every aspect of Duo's two-factor authentication system can be managed from the Admin Panel, including:
- Configuring and testing applications
- Importing users and groups from external user directories
- Enrolling and managing users
- Managing authentication methods
- Enforcing access policies for users and devices
- Monitoring the dashboard and generating logs and reports
- Creating and managing Duo administrator accounts
- Scenario 1.Admin Panel Navigation
- Scenario 2.Protecting Applications
- Scenario 3.Application Options
- Scenario 4.Removing Applications
- Scenario 5.Protecting Users
To access this demonstration, go todcloud.cisco.comand login with your cisco.com credentials. This demonstration is available with the Security solutions. Click the solution name from the listing to access details.
Partner Customer Story: Keeping Students Safe, Productive, and Engaged in the Classroom at CNUTO
Convitto Nazionale Umberto Primo was founded in 1848 as a school for the children of public servants and military personnel. It is now a state-run educational institution that incorporates a primary, middle, and high school, and serves students ages six to 19 across two campuses that are a couple of kilometers apart.
In such an environment where technology has transformed education, how to ensure students are safe and stay focused on relevant educational content?
Read the entire story
NSC srl was born from the aggregation of more than 20 years of experience developed in the field of Telecommunications. NSC provides specialized consultancy services ranging from networking (LAN / WAN), network security and telecommunications solutions. NSC is based in Torino, Italy. Our thanks go to:
- Prof. Stefano Vinti, Professor of Mathematics & Physics, IT Coordinator at Convitto Nazionale Umberto Primo
- Ipolitto Simonetta, Former Faculty and IT collaborator at Convitto Nazionale Umberto Primo
- Flavio Molinelli, Networking and Security Consulting NSC
Have an interesting customer story to tell ? Want to showcase your expertise and promote your company ?
Submit your story to your local Partner Marketing Manager or to email@example.com. We will work together on a production and promotion plan.
Cisco Simplifies Security with a Platform Approach
November 2019 represented a major milestone for Cisco Security, our partners and your customers. As announced on Parner Summit, our journey has extended from offering best of breed Security products through building an integrated architecture to delivering a platform that helps our customers solve their biggest security challenges: coping with complexity, expanding to the cloud, and moving toward a zero trust journey.
Several of these innovations are industry firsts, and we’re excited to offer your customers new ways to discover how security can help drive business outcomes and accelerate success. And this is just the beginning.
Securing Your Future by Innovating Today: Read Blog from Jeff Reed
Partner Summit 2019 Replay
Thank you for participating in Partner Summit 2019 in Las Vegas or virtually. If you missed a session or want to review messaging, all content is now available on SalesConnect.
As a valued partner, you have unique capabilities that give you – and Cisco – an edge in the market. Together, we will capitalize on these distinctive skills and industry-leading innovation to deliver solutions that amaze our customers and impact the world!