To give your audience the best possible Webex Events experience, be sure to follow these top tips.
01. Create a short, catchy and unique hashtag to use in social media posts and all branded materials that attendees will remember and associate with the event.
02. Don’t confine yourself to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc – post event info on Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Google+ communities etc to reach more people.
03. Associate a source ID to your event joining link. After the event, this will show you which social platform attracted the most attendees, so you know where best to promote.
04. Assemble your event day crew. You'll need a host to introduce the presenter, record the session and keep the event on time, your esteemed panelists to address questions, and of course, a presenter who can be 100% focused on delivering a compelling message.
05. Organize a rehearsal for all speakers and panelists, so they know exactly what is expected of them and how to use the features. Include the equipment in the location you are presenting from, make sure hardware is configured, and all necessary connectors are present.
06. Create a group or space for attendees to join after registering. In this group, you can post information before and after the event and allow attendees to interact with you long after it has finished.
07. In the scheduler, by Destination URL, add a page that will automatically open when the attendees leave the event, featuring more information.
Need a professional to produce your event? Webex Assist Services offers guidance scheduling your event, in event production, post-event reporting and everything in between.
01. Start a practice session for hosts and panelists just before the event starts or to debrief at completion. A practice session is a break-out room created uniquely for all panellists to meet and discuss privately within the event. It's like your backstage green room!
02. Record the event so it can continue to inform, entertain and earn revenue long after it is over.
03. Use the annotation tools to show where you are on each page, underline words or circle important concepts. That means you won’t need so many PowerPoint animations, saving you time and helping to make your message clearer.
04. Interact with your attendees throughout the event using the Q&A, chat panels and polls. Save the Q&A to follow up on any questions or to give a list of the questions and answers during the session.
05. Think carefully about event length: audiences prefer webinars that run between 30 and 40 minutes.
06. Have the presenter(s) switch their video on. Seeing the face and body language of speakers improves understanding and makes attendees less likely to multitask.
01. Monitor and save posts mentioning your event in the following weeks, and ask posters for permission to quote them to promote future offerings.
02. Keep in touch with attendees by continuing to post content in the private space and inviting them to other events. Ask those most qualified for additional feedback and advice.
03. Check the Webex Events reports to gather detailed information about your attendees:
Includes their name, email address, IP address, what time they joined and left the event, how long they spent in it, and their level of attentiveness
In-event activity report:
Includes the number of attendees, the number of questions asked and response rate, and number of polls and response rate.
Attendee history report:
A list of all events hosted on Webex by your company that a specific attendee joined.
Event recording report:
Contains access and registration information of people who have viewed or downloaded the recording.