Webex Training adoption toolkit
How to use this toolkit
Your toolkit for successful Webex Training projects
Hey, IT admin, we've got your back.
This toolkit will show you, as an administrator, how easy it is to deliver highly effective online learning with Webex Training.
Share this with your HR or Learning teams who are considering delivering online training to reach a larger audience without taking on extra staff or increasing your travel budget.
It's jam-packed with ideas to achieve the possible, and tips to get the most out of Webex Training.
This toolkit includes the following:
Made for you
We’d love to hear your feedback on how this toolkit has helped your users get to know Webex Training and begin to adopt it within your organization.
To leave feedback or to request more of this content, click:
To give your audience the best possible Webex Training experience, be sure to follow these top tips.
When prepping the training
- Create polls to make students feel involved and collect their feedback.
- Gauge your audience’s level of knowledge by setting a pre-session test.
- Set a post-session test to check understanding.
- Want to give registrants study materials before the session? Simply add them in the scheduler.
- Charging a fee for the training? Just activate the easy-to-use e-commerce option in the scheduler.
- Use a good noise-reducing headset for best possible sound quality.
- Use an external webcam you can move around as necessary (between yourself, a whiteboard in the background, a piece of hardware etc.)
- Keep attendees engaged with regular polls.
- Keep track of questions and answers using the threaded Q&A panel. You can easily export them at the end to create a FAQ document.
- Hold discussions or complete exercises in smaller groups using breakout sessions.
- Think someone might be multitasking? Find out who with the attention indicator.
- Record the training.
- Share the training recording using the registration list, so you can follow up with anyone who views it.
- Check live class attendance, views of recordings, class attentiveness, test results etc using the reports.
- Create a space in Webex Teams, for example, where students can ask questions, learn from one another, and receive extra materials from you.
Check knowledge and understanding in your training
Use both polling and test options in your Webex Training to interact with your attendees. Whilst polling will allow a brief moment to engage attendees and gauge their feeling or understanding, Tests will allow a more in-depth approach to check their knowledge.
Tests and grading
Test and grade your attendees on topics or concepts that have been introduced in your training session. You can set the time limit, number of attempts, and decide how you will grade the test that is given.
Measure class performance by testing students before, during, or after live training sessions. You can even deliver tests in a number of ways including multiple choice, true or false, fill in the blank, and essay.
You can also take advantage of automated grading, reporting, and SCORM compliance, and store and reuse tests for other sessions.
Find out more about Tests and grading
Use poll questionnaires in your training session to get real-time feedback from your attendees, have a fun pop quiz, or vote on options in the session.
You can even download and save the results as a file for use in the future.
Find out more about Polling
Scheduling a class vs scheduling a course
Webex Training allows you to schedule both classes and courses depending on the needs of your training and attendees. You need to think about this up front before scheduling.
A class is an individual session on a topic, these can come in the form of:
Single sessions which are one-off training sessions that won't be repeated. They aren't part of a series, or "course".
Irregular sessions are the same training which is repeated but on a non-regular basis. This might be when there is a request for a specific training. Attendees would only attend the training once.
Recurring sessions happen regularly, and a scheduled in advance. This is a great option if you want to have the same training every week on a Wednesday, for example. Again, attendees would only attend the training once.
A course allows you to schedule multiple training sessions under one topic, and allow attendees to register only once for all sessions within the course. This is especially helpful if you are delivering a series of pieces of training towards a badge or certification.
Schedule daily, weekly, or monthly recurrences, and set end dates to the sequence of pieces of training.
Find out more about courses and classes here
Breakout into smaller groups in Webex Training
Breakout sessions can be used to place your attendees into smaller groups where they can collaborate and share ideas. Any time during a training session you can place your attendees into breakout sessions.
Breakout Sessions in Webex Training allow you to brainstorm and collaborate in real-time in small groups in a secluded area created within the main training session. These sessions allow attendees to participate actively during a lecture, in smaller more focussed groups. It's a great way to give everyone a voice.
In a Webex Training breakout session, participants can share information, chat, annotate, communicate via teleconference or VoIP, and pass the presenter ball. Recall all participants to the main training session at any time and allow them to share information from the individual breakout sessions with the whole group.